Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The plan is coming together

Surprise, Surprise.  Twelve horses enter the Blue Grass Stakes for this Saturdaday, meanwhile a full field trys to get last raps down in Arkansas as well.


Let's talk Bluegrass, Monba, Halo Najib, Miner's Claim all have been in my top 10 all year and now they all get one show to get to the Derby.  Halo is already in, and I'm not sure they should run him in this spot, but I think they will lay back and make one run.

Meanwhile, I expect a strong performance from Miner's Claim and Monba.  

I think Pyro may not be totally cranked, plus I'm not so sure of the horses he has been beating, I still say he's a small horse, narow in the chest and will not get the 1 1/2 miles of the Belmont and he may be intimidated in a full Derby field as well.  Closing in 8.5 furlong races is different than firing in 9 and 10 furlong races.

In the Arkansas Derby, I really don't have any idea Gayego should run ok and Z Fortune should bounce back, but I'm not touching that race.

Meanwhile Colonel John will handle the dirt just fine.  Curlin for cripes sake just traveled to Dubai and romped by 6 lengths, a good horse runs on anything and the Beyer Speed Figures for the West Coast Tracks are blatantly wrong!  If Colonel John wins the Derby they will give him a slow figure, if War Pass wins the race they will give it a higher figure.


No comments: